Samantha started vomiting last night, but I thought it was just a fluke thing. By after work today she was unable to go more than half an hour without being horribly sick, diarrhea, the whole works. She became really lethargic as well so we headed to the ER tonight. She's very dehydrated and while they wanted to do bloodwork, etc I opted to wait for Dr. Bill's first thing in the morning. To get her through the night she rec'd a TON of fluids (she's SO bloated now), injections of Zantac, Reglan and Ampicillin along with a fun fecal test. (which was clear)
She can't have anything by mouth until we get to Dr. Bill's in the morning and if she vomits at all the rest of the night we have to go back to the ER. The other symptoms they said to watch for is abdominal pain, depression (not wagging her tail or trying to get up when called), change in breathing, weakness or difficulty getting up. It should be a nice relaxing night, huh?
Thrawn was already scheduled for his Adequan shot and an urinalysis to see if his holding it problem is from something specific soooo they'll be spending the day together there. Samantha is asleep in her bed right now, she has to be kept separate from the pack as well. (which she's none to happy about) I'll post after I hear something in the morning. -M
Weds AM - They're at Dr. Bill's...she did ok all night but started throwing up again in the car on the way. (yea, poor Thrawn stuck in the Mini's backseat w/ her) Hopefully will know something soon.
Weds Afternoon - Sam's white cell count is really high as is her Pancreas levels. (I'm no vet so that's the idiot version) , she's showing tenderness around her Pancreas and now they're waiting on other test results. If it's her Pancreas she will be hospitalized and I have no idea what from there. :(
Weds Night - Sam is back home, we're still awaiting the results of all the tests. For now she's on all kinds of meds and has started a canned/dry Low Residue diet - although she hasn't touched anything except a tiny bit of water. Her fever was up and down all day, she seems to feel a little better now but is pretty lethargic. She didn't have the strength to get in the car on her own. Sooo, I'm hoping the morning brings good news for her. I'm hoping and praying that if it's not her Pancreas it is also nothing that will be passed around the Pack. If so just shoot me now. ;) Thanks again, I'll post in the AM with test results hopefully. -M