Thursday, April 24, 2008

News from Trooper!

Remember Trooper? We got an email from him and our stinky secretary forgot to post it. Now we missed his barkday. :( We're sure he had a great time cause he has THE best Dad. Here's his mail: (and some pics - watch your hearts, girls....he's a handsome devil)

*****************************
Hey everyone,

It's Trooper, checking in from Boulder, Colorado. It was 80 degrees and sunny today so I told Jim to get ready because we were going hiking.

We chose this trail http://www.protrails.com/trail.php?trailID=138 but found ourselves slightly off course on something called the Amphitheater Trail which was pretty steep (+540 feet in 0.4miles!) and we were climbing over and on a variety of rock trail.

The way back was very technical and I had to show Jim the right lines to get down quickly and safely, humans just can't get it right on these paths and hold us back.

I did put him to good use though and had him take a few photos along the way, check them out.

By the way my "birthday" is this Sunday, April 20th, and Jim says I'm 4 years old now as there was no way I was 1.5 when he adopted me on 4/20/05 because of all the "puppy" in me. A steak and some treats are in the works, he went shopping at PC's Pantry and Whole Pets today, can't wait.

Trooper.

10 comments:

Gus said...

Wow..what a walk. It makes those trails me n Dad walk look pretty tame. Trooper looks healthy and happy. We think his dad probably looks tired.

kisses
gussie n teka

Molly the Airedale said...

Your hike looks a whole lot more rocky than ours was! Happy birthday, Trooper! It sure would have been fun if we could have hiked together!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lizzy said...

That certainly is a steep trail, but it looks really nice! What a beautiful day Trooper had.

Happy Birthday to Trooper!

Sparky

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, Happy Belated Barkday to Trooper! He is such a handsome dude & it looked like her had a great hiking fun with his dad.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Peanut said...

Oh Trooper is a very handsome devil isn't he. Glad he has such a good dad.

The Zoo Crew said...

We could SO live in Boulder (mom says she could too). It's beautiful there!

Kai

wally said...

Yay! Brat Packers take over the world! You guys have a great foster stories. That hiking looks fun but I think I would want a Baby Bjorn that my ma ape could carry me in.

Happy Burpday Super Trooper!

wally.

BenTheRotti said...

Thats one handsome dog!! I would love to run down a trail like that it looks awesome! not sure i would love the heat though!!

Ben xxxx

Unknown said...

What a handsome boy. He has a great place to go hiking at too... My guys are jealous.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Hiking sounds fun, but 80 degrees is pretty toasty!

Kat

National Canine Cancer Foundation