Tuesday, April 10, 2007

General Population

Thrawn the Husky here. Our new "foster" brother is back and since the vet said he wasn't contagious with some crap he's now in the General Population. (sometimes and supervised she says) That's an appropriate term since this joint is like prison, closed gates, closed doors - why don't they just wrap electric barb wire around the whole thing?

Anyway, he's ok I guess. He's a lot more careful around me than my butthead siblings and he hasn't bumped me or knocked me down yet. I guess that counts for something and somewhat excuses his horrific breath. So here's some shots of the day. I'm starting to hate that camera. I'm putting my picture first because I'm the most handsome one here (that's including the bipeds) and I thought this shot makes me look particularly spry and cunning. Take a minute to absorb my essence, it's ok.

The humans think this is funny to do...they go outside and those ding-dongs stand there like they're in jail. (see - that prison thing again) Apparently the smelly brown dog is already brainwashed since he's doing it too. That didn't take long. Mom didn't want me to post this pic because of the laundry mess in the back. She said to tell you the bathrooms flooded and everything is wet so that's why. Whatever. She's no June Cleaver, let me tell you.

Here they are looking at the freedom outside our doggie prison camp. Keep dreaming, it's not going to happen.

This is shady IMO, but all of a sudden Stumpy Sam is interested in Tucker because there's a new dog in town. Last week I heard her and Dot saying how they should just ignore Tucker because he's a stupid boy and here she is sucking up to him. Just goes to show you can't trust a Hound. I thought I looked pretty athletic here too. That brown dog's watermelon head makes me appear pretty svelte too.
I didn't want to put this in, but she'd run off to whine to Mom like the big wuss she is. So here's Dot. All 150 pounds of her. Sometimes when my vision is kinda hazy she reminds me of a big pig. Pigs remind me of crispy good-smelling bacon. MMMMMM. Maybe I should try to eat her. Get this next pic - They're all worried she's going to send him away from our dog prison so they're already being all campy together for the camera. Puhleeese. What moron couldn't see through that stupid trick?
Last, but SO not least in any way shape or form here is another shot of me in all my Husky goodness. I call this look my "you are so lucky I let you be with me" gaze and I like to do it a lot to Mom, especially when she has to wipe the poop off my butt like when she got home today. One day she'll realize how special that is.

That's it, I'm done. -Thrawn

16 comments:

Dakota said...

Your Bear reminds me of the big brown dog that was here when I moved in.
He taught me some good stuff - where the treats are, how to beg with a pathetic 'I'm starving' look, how to poop in the spot where they hang up those funny fur things they wear.
I sort of miss the old guy. Sherlock. That was his name. The Mom used to call him the 'Great Mouse Detective'. He liked those tasty little treats.

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Thawn,
Sounds like my prison at home except I don't have company. You're looking great. Bear seems to have settled in quite well. :)

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Hey Thrawn!
You got those other hooligans down, alright! I bet your mum is happy that you're around - crowd control, you know?
AireSPECIAL!
Liberty

Fu Fu said...

Hey Thrawn, I sure agree that you look handsome in that picture there. Dot looks cute smiling. Hee


~ fufu

wally said...

Thrawn--You look totally awesome and it's good to see you moving around like a pro. Keep your pack in line (don't let Sam get too friendly with Bear!)

wally.

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Thrawn, you look so handsome! Maybe the jail is not so much to keep you in as it is to keep anyone out who might want to take your mom's special darlings. Mom won't even leave us out when she is at work because she says someone could open the gate and that would the last she ever sees of us (except we are microchipped). Anyway, sometimes jail is a good thing.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

The Brat Pack said...

Dakota - Sounds like Sherlock was a great buddy. I'm sorry for your loss of him. :(

Ferndoggle said...

Thrawn, you are such a very handsome boy. We're glad you're getting around so well...and that the gang is being gentle with you (sounds like they don't have much of a choice with your Mom around...Hee Hee!)

Our Mom keeps us in Doggie Jail sometimes too. We think it's total crap! What did we ever do??

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Tadpole said...

Oh Thrawn, I love your posts! You're so sweet and kind and optimistic and cheery! :-)

At least your prison is BIG - I have a tiny 3 inch by 3 inch cage I have to stay in....

Peanut said...

Thrawn,
Those pictures of you are nice. Capture your essence well I think. Hopefully Bear will get along with everyone and your mom will keep him forever.

IndyPindy said...

Awwww, poor Thrawn! I'm sorry. My mom has to do that for me sometimes. Hey, when you have such spectacular fluffy fur, it's not so easy to keep it clean, you know?

Duke and Gidget said...

Thrawn, you are obviously wise beyond your years. All those other dogs you live with should try to learn from your wisdom. OK, maybe that would be a lost cause. But still, we think you're The Man!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the photos of you all together! Bear sure is lucky to have met you all! Dot, why is your left paw folded under in your picture??? Is your paw ok?
Hugs, Sitka

P.S. Thrawn.. you sure look handsome in all of your husky glory :)

Balboa said...

What would your mom do without you? I bet all the other dogs are jealous of you and your muscles.

Frenchie Kisses,
Balboa

Khady Lynn said...

It is good to see you up and moving around Thrawn!!

Doggie prison stinks, but at least it keeps us safe and with our beloved families!!

Holly

Ruby Bleu said...

Thrawn, you are pretty handsome I must say!!!

Your post really made me laugh.

Lots of Licks, Ruby

National Canine Cancer Foundation