Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yardwork, Laundry, Poor Me.

Duuuuuuudes, you might as well call me Cinderella, that's how much housework I've been doing lately.  It's INSANE.  Look, here are my evil stepbrothers yelling at me to GET TO WORK!!
Um, hello, maybe his highness Tucker-Doodle-Butt didn't get the all points memo that we're not supposed to be on the outside furniture.  I just got yelled at like 10 minutes before for the same thing. It's just wrong.  He said he's SUPERVISING but he's just laughing at me. I know it.
He's all "JUST GET TO WORK!" and I'm all...
I finally said ok cuz I didn't want to be beat up plus between you and me I kinda like gardening.  Here is my tree relocation plan, to save time I combine it with the "picking up toys chore" by piling them up to bury.
More about that slipper below.  I had to take a break, all that work is exhausting.  Uh, I didn't break that birdbath, honest.  
So anyways, I clean shoes too...especially Mom's slippers.  It's a special combination of dirt, spit and air drying when I streak through the yard with them.  Here's a before and after shot...if your pawrents like my work tell them they can mail their shoes to me.
Gotta scoot, more chores to do.  -Rooooolon

PS  If you see our Wordless Wednesday post below you'll notice I also take out the trash.  

PS Again...What is UP with this stoopid girly blog design?!?!!?

12 comments:

Nibbles Treats said...

Rulon - just keep on working on those chores and leave our Doodle alone. Nice job on mom's shoes and slippers though. 4 paws up!!!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Gus said...

I like the blog design

Teka Toy Dagger

Jans Funny Farm said...

Rulon, You are sooooooo helpful! Maybe we should start helping Jan with laundry.

Moco said...

It is hard to be the youngest, but someone has to do it.

Unknown said...

I love your new blog design! I havent had time to check on everyone since our move so it was nice to see you guys again. I have guests coming on Saturday so I am doing laundry and basic Cinderella stuff myself. :(

D.K. Wall said...

Excellent, excellent job on the shoes.

Anonymous said...

Gee Rulon,
Guess it sucks to be you.
- TBH

Martha said...

Hi there
Thanks for visiting our blog. We like to make new friends. Your blog looks like fun! Rulon you seem to be a very hard working dog - and taking out the rubbish!
Of course being bassets we cant be so helpful to our humans - we have to be lazy and stubborn - well it's in the genes!
We look forward to visiting you again.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xx

Fred said...

Nice job on the shoes! My mom's look like that "before" picture fo' sho'.
But, how did they con you into doing housework?

Lady Kaos said...

You are such a hard worker!!! What would they do without you? My mom says she'll pass on the shoe washing, but thanks for the offer.
Kaos
PS, I kind of like the new blog design.

wally said...

Oh poor Rulon. They sure are mean to you, making you do all the chores.

wally t.

ps. Maybe if you're lucky your carriage will turn into a pumpkin. Or better yet, a pumpkin pie!

pps. I am making my ma ape read this because she is still eyeing that pit boo who LOVES other dogs but is is very protective of her slippers.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

It looks like you're doing a good job with the housework. Since you have been combining chores, I bet you have been getting the Mary Poppins' method: "A bowl full of treats makes the medicine go down". Medicine = housework.

Steve

National Canine Cancer Foundation