Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Day by Tucker-Doodle

Hi Pals!

First, I don't have any pictures to go along with my day cuz Mom forgot the camera and then she was going to get one of the office cameras but then we were running late and that's why. Sigh. I got to go to with Mom to work this morning and I saw Buddy & Kita, but Ghost hid from me. We hung out for a couple hours and it was fun but Nana couldn't give me any treats because I had my vet appointment today.

I was gonna be brave but then it was hard because it's really scary once we get in there you know. First Mom checked my weight in the lobby - 74.4 pounds! I lost 2 pounds since I had the face staples. I guess all those veggies are making me skinny. So Angie came out and said we could come in the room and I wasn't very excited to go but I went anyway. Once I got in there I decided it was safer to sit in one of the people chairs so that's what I did. Angie said it was ok cuz it made me feel better. She took my temperature - only in my ear for a second, there wasn't anything poked in my butt. Score! She listened to my heart and stuff too. Dr. Bill came in and all of us, Mom, Angie and Dr. Bill walked out back to watch me tinkle. All of a sudden he stuck a stick with a cup on it under me and I totally freaked cuz it's a stick and we all know how I feel about those. After that I couldn't tinkle anymore, I think it was performance anxiety. Soooo...we all went back in and they stole some of my blood. Only good thing was I got a big orange bandaid and everyone felt sorry for me later. Dr. Bill was gonna take it off when we left but then said I should wear it to the office for extra attention.

Next they put my blood in this thing that sounded like the washing machine and while we waited for it to do whatever it does Dr. Bill looked me all over. Guess what? I have a cracked tooth! Poor me. Funny thing is it's the same one Thrawn had broken so Dr. Bill asked me if Mom was feeding us rocks. After my blood was done spinning Angie came and said everything looked good! Next thing I knew they came in with a bunch of needles, I thought it was going to hurt but I hid my face and it was over before I knew it. I got all my shots so at least that's over for the year.

Here's the coolest thing about the whole day - after it was all over Dr. Bill brought in the big toy basket and I got to pick a toy out of it! There were lots of good stuff but I finally picked a stuffed elephant, I held it all afternoon at the office and Buddy was really jealous. I'd show you a picture but you know about the camera PLUS I left it at the office when we left tonight. Hopefully she'll bring it home tomorrow so I can give it lots of love.

Here's the not so cool thing. You know that broken tooth? I have to have surgery on September 24th and it's going to go away. Plus I'm getting my teeth cleaned at the same time. I'm scared but gonna try that thing Mom does called denial until it's time. They're also going to take picture of my joints since it's hard for me to get up nowadays and see if it's time I started Adequan shots like Dakota and Thrawn. Oh yea, I have somethin' called a skin tag that Angie said they would take off too and I wouldn't even know. I'm not sure about that but ok. Mom said she's just going to start having her check deposited directly into Dr. Bill's account and he can give her the $50 that's left over each time. I'm glad there's $50 left over so we can still get new toys.

Love, Tucker.

21 comments:

Aunt Jan said...

Tucker Doodle,
Sounds like you had a really good day. Sorry about your tooth...maybe you will get to pick out two toys next time, or maybe the tooth fairy will come and bring you lots of toys!!!!!

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Tucker,
I am glad you are so brave at the vet. Sorry to hear about that silly tooth though. But it'd be better to get it out of the way.
PS : Is your Mom really feeding you ROCKS???

Kerrio said...

Aww Tucker - sounds liek a traumatic day - though I have to say - your vet sounds very nice.

And $50 is just enough for a few toys - you are so right.

Snogs from the dogs

Kerrio & co

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Whew, Tucker! When your mom said her check was just going into Dr. Bill's account we were worried about food and toys for you and the rest of the Brat Pack! If that had been the case, you were gonna lose more than 2 pounds! Sammy had a dental a couple of years ago and he was fine so don't worry too much. Dr. Bill will take good care of you!

Ferndoggle said...

Tucker-Doodles, you are a mess! I think you were very brave at the VET. I HATE going there, even though they're nice to me.

I'll be crossing my paws for a successful surgery on the 24th.

It's so nice of your Mom to pay for Dr. Bill's vacation home.

Penny

Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Tucker..
So aside from the needles and the tooth thing, sounds like you are doing really good! Yay! Bummer about the surgery, but I know you'll be just fine and think of all the attention you'll get after!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Gus said...

Thrawn. We are so sad that your mommy forgot the camera. We want to see a picture of you with your elephant. Don't forget next time, OK>

Lisa said...

Yes I want a picture of you with your stuffed ellie - I approve of that choice! Sorry about your tooth :(

Lady Kaos said...

Here's what you Mom needs to do. Get an extra camera and put it in her purse. My mom did that until summer came and she had to start carrying her beesting stuff (she's allergic and has to carry a bunch of stuff with her for it). The camera made her purse too heavy so she took it out. She was tired of us doing cute stuff away from home and missing it completely. It's actually kind of annyoying having the camera around all the time, but it was good, too.
Kaos

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I bet you looked super tough with your cool bandage. Did you show off for your pack?

Steve

Katherine and Pippa said...

I admire you very much. You are one brave dog. Hope you go ok and you get some more cool toys.

Pippa

Rose said...

Tucker,
You were really brave. And your courage was aptly rewarded - enjoy your new toy.
Your mom must really love you and the rest of your canine family, if she is willing to sign over almost her whole check to Dr. Bill. She is definitely a keeper - you doggies better be real GOOD to her! :)
When you get the camera going, don't forget to show your tooth before and after, if that's possible.
Talk more later, tell everyone hello.
Rusty & Smoky
http://puppyfun.blogspot.com

wally said...

Duuuuuuudes! What are you doing to your teeths? Mine are just missing. My ma ape says I have "British teeth" but her mouth is nothing to brag about. I'm just saying.

It is nice of you to support Dr. Bill. My ma ape says we are buying our Dr. Bob a new summer home which is weird because we don't even own OUR home.

wally

ps. I have skin tags, too! More of me to love.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Tucker!
I am sending you good vibes for your next surgery!
Enjoy your toy!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Khady Lynn said...

Wow Tucker, what a day! Don't worry, you won't miss that nasty tooth. Hopefully it will buy you some sympathy and lots of treats!

Holly

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You sure were very brave at the vet Tucker.
I hope you'll get some toy and treats for being so brave

~ Girl girl

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Good luck getting your toofers worked on. It will be a piece of cake. Maybe your mama give you a piece of cake afterwards.

Sophie Brador said...

hey Tucker, That tooth removal thing? A breeze. I had it done twice -- like two different times -- because my giant molars in the back each absessed. but not at the same time. It was all fine and I got spoiled to bits afterward. Play up the woah is me thing and maybe you'll get two elephants!

Balboa said...

is it surgery to remove your tooth, oh no,

I'm glad you were so brave. Plus you got a toy, that's really cool.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer about the tooth Tucker. Wow, weird that it is the same as Thrawn's!! That is way cool that you get to get a toy when you leave the vet!
Hugs,
Sitka

Kapp pack said...

Hey Tucker, I had the same tooth issue last year and had my teeth cleaned at the same time. It was really no big deal and you'll be just fine!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

National Canine Cancer Foundation